Exporting CSV files
You can export CSV files from a filter panel, but sometimes Excel does not behave as expected
CSV file separator
You have the option to export any list that is displayed in MaestroLIVE Office (MLO) to any 3rd party application through the use of the "Export as CSV" button you can find in the associated filter panel. But sometimes, when you click on the resulting file, Excel (or other 3rd party application) does not display the results in various columns as expected, rather everything is lumped into a single column.
If this is happening to you, it is because the delimiter used by MaestroLIVE as the column seperator does not match the delimiter used by the 3rd party application. But don't worry, this is easy to resolve (typically you can actually do it in MaestroLIVE or in the target application, but we only talk of MaestroLIVE here)
To change the separator value used by MaestroLIVE take the following steps:
- Log into MLO
- Click on the "Admin" menu option
- Move you cursor over "Settings" then select "Other configurations"
- From the list look for the "CSV default line delimiter" name (probably at the very top of the list)
- Click on the ellipse icon you will see to the very right hand side of the row
- Click on "Update"
- Now enter the character required (it is probably showing "," you can change it to ";" for example
- Click on the "Update" button
This new value will now be used whenever you export a CSV fileExporting CSV files
Note. You can actually see what the current MaestroLIVE CSV delimiter setting is by clicking on "Admin", "Settings" and then selecting "Other Configurations". You should look for a field with the name "CSV default line delimiter" and then look to the value displayed (the default is ",")